Friday, July 10, 2015

Today I have a lot to say.... long post ahead.


I feel like I haven't blogged forever so I decided to play a little game of catch up.

**My main man had a birthday yesterday. We are lame and didn't really do anything.  Just stuck around town and went out to dinner.  I ordered him some stuff online that has yet to show up so he didn't even have a present to open.  It was a super exciting 35th!

** Nate has decided that his life isn't busy enough and is now running for City Council.  He has wanted to do it for years and figured since we aren't busy enough trying to move and build a house it would be the perfect time. 

** I have decided that Nate is a much better parent than I am.  He has much more faith in our children than I do.  I really need to work on that.  Dilon's baseball team made it to the Championship game(s).  There was one team that went undefeated all season so they had to beat them twice to win.  Dilon is mostly catcher and he has killed it this year.  He may be tiny but he's a wall when it's time to catch that ball.  Anyway, he has been doing some pitching and has done pretty well there too.  Turns out there is a rule that you can only pitch so many innings a week so the main pitcher couldn't do the whole game during the championship.  They had to put Dilon in at the end of the first game and it was tied.  All the pressure was on my baby.  I kept giving Nate they eye and shaking me head telling him not to let him do it. (Nate helps coach his baseball team too--shocker).  It wasn't that I didn't think he could do it, it's just that it was too much pressure for my boy.  Let's just say he handled the pressure like a champ and didn't let any runs in.  Do you know how fan-freakin-tastic it is to hear other parents cheer your kid on. This mom was busting at the seams with pride. His team ended up scoring and won the first game.  Then lost the second game by 1 point so they were second overall.  I am super impressed with how much he has improved this year.  Nate swore up and down during the wrestling season that wrestling would help him improve in all sports. Why does he always have to be right about everything?

Here are some super clear shots of him and his ball team. Told you I was rockin my photography skills.


**Bay decided it would be fun to trip and hit the corner of the bleachers.  It looks much worse in person.  Swollen and blue to match those killer eyes of his.
** I'm pretty sure he fell because the kid walks on his toes all day long.  Your son's going to be a ballerina, Nate.

**Our house is under contract!!  Woohoo!!! I've been afraid to say anything about it because I don't want to jinx it and have it fall through again. We are having a helluva time finding somewhere to live that isn't going to make us sign a 6 month - 1 year lease. So we may be homeless here soon. Our construction loan is taking foooorrrrrreeeeeeeeeever to get set up.  You know hindsight really is 20/20.  If we would have know it was going to take so long we would have started it when we put our house up for sale.  But we were too nervous to start anything before we had an offer on this house.  You live and learn, right?  Everything will work out.  Everything will work out.  I repeat that numerous times a day.  

**I was at Maverick the other night waiting in line when a very sketchy looking man in front of me turned around and told me he was staying at the Hampton Inn room 303.  Creepy and hilarious all at the same time.  The cashier was chuckling at what I'm sure was my very dumbfounded look and the fact that I verbally could not spit anything out of my mouth.  I stood there stuttering and shaking my head as quickly as I could.  Where was Nate when I needed him?

** I have officially turned into my grandma.  She made us wash plastic silverware and ziploc baggies as kids.  There was no need to waste perfectly good disposable goods. Every time I take the kids to school lunch and see the unused plasticware tossed out I get all fired up inside.  Everyday I think about taking it but then don't because that would be stealing. Well today I did.  I stole my kids forks and spoons that they didn't use.  I don't even care.  Waste not, want not.

**Dax has gotten too smart for his own good.  I was helping Grif solve some math story problems the other day and my dang 6 year old yelled out the answer to the 5th grade problem before the 5th grader did.  

** Speaking of smart kids, I have gotten a little excited about building our house so I pulled out the plans the other day to show the boys. I can barely read them and see what is where. I pointed out all the bedrooms to the boys and asked them which one they wanted.  Grif picked first and when I asked him why he chose the one he did he said it was because it was the only one with a walk-in closet.  How the hizzle could he see that.  I didn't even really notice that.  Grif for the win.

I think I've been long winded enough.  So long for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment