Friday, September 9, 2016

It's finally done(ish)!!!!

Finally!!!   We have carpet in our basement!  
A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into finishing this on our own.  
I really do believe we will appreciate it more because of it.  
I know that I appreciate the fact that Nate and I survived each other through the process. 

It's not 100% finished (more trim and odds and ends still. and the bathroom, but that won't be for awhile.) but it is livable.  
As soon as the carpet guys left Grif had his bags packed ready to make the move down there. I guess he was tired of sleeping on Dilon's bedroom floor.  Plus he has missed his full size bed this last year (can you believe it has been a year since we moved out of our old house?!?).  The kid has been in heaven the last couple of nights.  
I'm also in heaven --- new. carpet. smell. Enough said.

1 comment:

  1. ahh! i can almost smell that yummy carpet/new construction scent from here! WAY TO GO! so stoked for you guys.

    ReplyDelete