Friday, December 2, 2016

Light the World

So we, as a family, are participating in the Light the World thing our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) is doing. It is a great way to remember what this season is all about.  Honoring Jesus Christ by following His example. 
Day 1 (yesterday) was a worldwide day of service. I wasn't very on the ball with planning something specific for all of us to do.  Then half the fam didn't get home from wrestling until after 8:30.  So we decided to just share something small we had done for the day for someone in need.  My kids were sharing all these experiences with us like helping a kid in gym open his locker when he couldn't, helping someone rebuild a huge snowball other kids at school had wrecked, etc. and my mom heart was busting at the seams. 
 Then came Day 2.
Day 2 (today) is about honoring your parents.  So I suggested to the kids to write me or Nate a letter.  Everyone picked to write to Nate (what the heck is wrong with this awesome mom!?!) except Dilon.  He wrote me a letter.  This is what it says:
Dear Mom, 
Thanks for being the best mum ever. 
You smell like tacos.
You're the best ever.
Dilon


Uhm gee, thanks?  I smell like tacos?  Those tacos are buying your Christmas thank you very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment