Wednesday, September 20, 2017

It's a miracle!!!

I think right about now I'm the happiest girl in the entire world.  
Someway, somehow my family saw the light and realized it would indeed be a fantastic idea to forgo Christmas this year and actually go to Disneyland.

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!
We. Are. Going. To. Disneyland. 
 I don't care who you are, that right there is good news.
I've got the hotel, tickets, and flights(thank you rapid rewards for the free flights) all booked, baby! 

I've wanted to go for a couple of years now but my children (and bank account) have never agreed. While the bank account still might not agree, my kiddos did and that's good enough for me.  
A very wise sister-in-law of mine has said for years that debt/bills will always be there but your kids won't. So true.  I have my whole life to pay off bills, I only have 4 more years until my kids start leaving me (lame).
So we decided we need to go make some memories. 
They had to all be on board 100% though because this is literally their Christmas.  They will wake up to no Santa gifts, no presents under the tree, nothing.  Sounds a little harsh but it is what it is.  
I feel like I can truly enjoy Christmas this year now and not have to worry about the worldly side of it, which I absolutely hate.  I'm ready for more memories, not more stuff.

The problem is December is nuts at Disneyland so we will be heading out the first week in November.  So Christmas morning they really might struggle.  It will be fine.  We'll sit around the tree and pull out pictures of our trip and be one little happy family.
We actually leave on Halloween day so my kids will miss two holidays this year for one trip.  They'll survive, right? Yes they will because WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND (okay, okay I'll stop saying that now). 



3 comments:

  1. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! HOOOOOORRAAAYYYY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So happy for you guys. I may be a little jealous but glad that you guys get to go. Woohoo!
    M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! I can't wait for the day we get to go! Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete