Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tis the season

Well it's that time of year again. Tree decorating, stocking hanging, present wrapping, money spending, caramel making time of year.  Let me give you a little glimpse of how the holidays appear in the Wright house.  Our tree for example, tree skirt is a mess, no presents underneath because I do not want to wrap them for a second time if baylor gets his hands on them.  They are just piled in nate's chair next to our bed.  He loves that. Back to the tree--the ornaments are broken, big holes between the branches, and one little man who likes to rearrange it all daily. Definitely a kid decorated tree and I love it!  If you're looking for beautiful you are looking in the wrong window.  However, it is beautiful to this mom, does that count?



Next we have the gift wrapping.  I rock at that.  Here is a sample of my mad wrapping skills (not to be confused with my mad rapping skills because I have those too).  

I will now officially proclaim myself the world's worst wrapper.  Do they make a medal for that?  

Next we have those blasted caramels that nate insists we make every year.  He has the easy part of making them.  I have to cut and wrap about 1000 caramels every year.  I just love, love, love it (can you sense my holiday cheer?).



My caramels end up being a bit like my presents.  My wrapping sucks.  But don't forget what your mama taught you, never judge anything by the outward appearance.  What may be lacking there makes up for it by the (almost fat free) goodness on the inside.

Notice the one on the left.  I sorted through 175 caramels to find one that was wrapped good enough to take a picture of.  Couldn't find one so I had to unwrap one just to re-wrap it for this.  So while my intentions are to have them all look like the one on the left, reality is they will all look like the two on the right.  Don't judge me, just Enjoy!

All of this caramel wrapping fun would be so much easier if I didn't have a tiny little helper
 So close, yet so far.


Finally, success.  I decided to stop being mean and let the poor kid have some caramel for the very first time.  I think he liked it.

So here's to wishing you a very Merry Christmas from our ugly tree decorating, gnarly gift wrapping, caramel cutting home to yours!




1 comment:

  1. CARAMELS!!!!!!!!! you do know that your caramels are the highlight of my holiday season, right? i'm not kidding.
    seriously.

    ReplyDelete