Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Isn't it ironic?

Let me tell you a little story about our night last night.  All had been going just fine.  Nate was at school, the boys were playing, I was cleaning the kitchen as usual.  Out of nowhere I hear dax crying as loud as humanly possible.  I head up to the bedroom and discover grif trying to hide.  Okay what happened boys?  I get ten different stories about someone cheating at candyland all with one conclusion, grif threw a toy a dax's face.  Goodnight grif I am done with the fighting you can go to bed now.  That's when the war began.  I finally, after about 20 minutes, got him into his room.  As soon as I shut the door he starts kicking the wall.  Nothing new, I try to ignore it and walk away.  Then I hear one very loud kick followed by silence.  Right then I knew not to go into the bedroom.  But of course I do anyway.  What do I find?  A hole in my wall.  I shut the door and again walk away so I can count to 10.  Isn't that what you're supposed to do?  I decided to wait for Nate to get home before I even try to figure out what to do with grif.  That was probably not the best choice because nate has as much patience as I do.  Lets just say our house was far from peaceful for the next half hour.  There was more kicking, screaming, crying and then I hear a knock on the door.  My first thought was crap......who just heard us screaming at our kid?  I open the door and of course there stands the bishop. Smiling.  "Come on in let me go get nate for you."  "Oh I don't want to see nate.  I came here to see you Sister Wright."  Oh no, this is never good.  "Would you be willing to talk in Sacrament this week?"  "Sure, what would you like me to speak about?"  "Peace in the home." 
Oh the irony.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha- oh mel. that's awesome.
    (mike got asked to speak last night too- must be something in the air with you guys.)

    ReplyDelete