Friday, September 5, 2014

Broken ears and a broken nose



He plays football and the trumpet.  Those two things don't particularly go together do they?  I'm raising a well-rounded kid here.  Now does anyone have a soundproof room in their house we can use daily?  No?  Okay, looks like I need to invest in a larger bottle of Ibuprofen then. 

Speaking of Ibuprofen.  I've been through a large amount of children's in the last 24 hours.  I'm pretty sure I broke Baylor's nose yesterday.  He sobbed forever, I cried right along with him I felt so bad. I need to make it clear it was not done intentionally.  I know I have posted several times about wanting to punch people square in the nose when they are making me mad (mostly Nate) but that is not what happened.  We were racing Dax trying to get clothes off for bath time.  I grabbed his hoodie and yanked and expected it to come right off.  Didn't happen.  Somehow Bay ended up in the air with the hoodie, I let go, and boom...faceplant.  Blood and tears everywhere.  Worst. Mother. Ever.  I'm starting to think it had something to do with the fact that he was wearing a Utes hoodie.  Red is not allowed in the Wright house. I had to smuggle the thing in and look what happened.  Anyone want a free shirt?
The pics don't really show the damage done.  Poor kid can't breath and he's all swollen and bruised.  Ignore the blue mouth...that was not a result of me dropping him.  That was just a blue ring pop.  I've  given him whatever he wants today to make up for it.  I'll probably be cleaning up throw up later.  
I feel for the poor kid.  I broke my nose when I was 3 trying to fly off the kitchen table and I've had tons of sinus fun my whole life as a result.  Fingers crossed Bay's is not that bad.  Love you little buddy.

1 comment:

  1. Poor kid. Carson walked in front of Brady when he was practicing swinging his bat one day and it hit him right on the nose.

    ReplyDelete