Monday, January 19, 2015

This kid


This kid of mine, Grifin.  He's one in a million.  I have been told by three different adults in the last week alone how great he is or how he makes their day.  One of the adults was a girl who hasn't seen him since he was about 2.  She saw us at a wrestling meet and walked over to me and told me how she remembers him from when he was in nursery (she was just visiting her parents) and he was hilarious.
I love the impact this kid has on people.

He can be charismatic, charming, sweet, completely spicy, very opinionated, hot-tempered, and loving.  One drawback with the boy is I can never get him to go out and do anything.  He likes to sit home and hang out, usually by himself because people bug him.  I try and try to get him to play sports just to see if he likes them.  He played soccer when he was 5 and just stood there.  The ball would literally roll up to him and he would just look at it until someone else came to kick it.  He played T-ball which must not have been too eventful because I can't remember much of it.  He also signed up for wrestling once and quit before the season was over.  I have tried to get him to play football...no.  He won't.  Basketball...nope.  Baseball...not happening.
Last week we had a small miracle when he agreed to join a kids bowling league.   

He loved it.  Until he kept getting gutter balls and then I was afraid he was going to walk out of the bowling alley and never go back.  He did get a spare and thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.  He threw his hands in the air, yelled "yeeeeeeeth" (yes. We're still working on those "s" sounds) and told himself good job over and over. Love this kid!  Here's hoping he sticks with it for the next two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment