Friday, October 28, 2016

mummy boxes

I'm not that mom.  I'm not the mom to do the cutesy birthday parties for her kids. I'm not the mom that buys the best clothes and the newest electronics. I don't do over-the-top costumes and bedazzled posters for my kids school projects.  I'm mediocre at most of the mom stuff I do.
But this year I stepped it up a notch. I was asked to bring the drinks for Dax's class Halloween party on Monday.  I don't know what got into me but I was feeling festive so I have to document it.

I made mummy juice boxes. Go me!  Baylor decided that since Dax got them for his class he should get them for his preschool class too.  So 50 mummy boxes it is. 
I know, it's lame in comparison to what so many other moms do.  But don't be a buzzkill. I'm trying here and for once I feel like that mom.  Despite the finger tips that I can no longer feel because of all the hot glue gun burns, I still feel like I accomplished something.
If nothing else got done the last couple of days, at least the 5 and 7 year old are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment