Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Bryce Canyon 2017

My poor neglected blog.  
I just don't have the time/energy for it lately.  But here I am at least giving a small attempt to document what has been happening, so go me!

Nate's family reunion was down by Bryce Canyon this year.  None of us had been there so it was fun to go see.  And so pretty.  Made me realize just how much there is to see right here in good ol' Utah.  We need to get out more.  I'll add that to my to-do list because you know, it's just not long enough lately.  

Our Tahoe could not have fit one more thing in it. 
I was about ready to strap a kid to the roof.






No mocking the "scarves" around our necks.  They helped keep us cool.  It gets to the point where you just don't care what you look like, as long as you're not dying of heat. 


 What's a family photo without Uncle Josh in it?










My poor grif.  He struggled with the hike a bit.  He kept saying: "i'm not going to make it mom.  Just leave me."  Good news!  He made it.



Can I just tell you I have never had more anxiety in my life.  Cliffs + small children=panic for this old lady.  Someone should have slipped me some xanax. I legit was like a grandma trying to get down to the bottom.  Dilon ran ahead, smart boy.  That way he didn't have to hold his mommy's hand because at one point in time all 3 of the others had to.  


Then half of us went to hike Calf Creek Falls the next day.
Apparently when you hike you can get dust on your phone which makes my already bad quality photos even worse.  So sorry for the extreme blurriness.

 Normally I am not a selfie taker.  I avoid them at all costs.  
But I had to document just how white and nerdy I looked on the hike. 
 Nate is one lucky man.
 But then again......he was looking just as white and nerdy.


 
See.  Selfies are NOT my thing.  Apparently not Nate's either.
 
 That must run in the Wright family.  (man I wish my pics weren't blurry)





Good times, Bryce.  We just may have to come visit again.

1 comment: