Sunday, November 5, 2017

Disney 2017 (post 1)

The most anticipated day of the year at the Wright house finally came (and unfortunately went....).  
After 6 long years it finally happened again.  We made it to Disney.
I have decided my kids were at the perfect age for it.  Still some young ones who were excited by all the characters but still big enough to ride all the rides. (minus 1 roller coaster Bay couldn't get on). Older ones who thought it was totally not lame.  And parents who loved watching the excitement on their handsome faces.
We loved it.  All of it.  Minus the crazy expensive food but we knew that was coming so we had time to prepare....kind of (I'll get to that in a minute).

First highlight of the trip....getting to fly instead of drive.  Hallelujah and thank you skymiles.

One of the perks of having a diabetic in the family means someone gets a pat-down at security due to the syringes and apple juice being taken on a plane.  Nate was the winner winner chicken dinner.
 He loved it. 
 He basically got a full body massage so I don't know what the problem was.
Gus also got a massage while we waited.  
This kid knows how to live life.  



 Dilon was completely obsessed with the fact that we were actually going to California. 

Our first night there we didn't have tickets to get in the park so we headed to Downtown Disney to explore and eat at Rainforest Cafe.  I questioned whether or not we should bite the bullet and eat there because it is pricey.  I figured what the heck, we're on vacation lets do it. 

I ordered a drink off of the fancy schmancy drink menu thinking it would be about 5 bucks.  When the waitress walked away Nate asked me if I realized I just ordered a $15 drink.  WHAT?!?! For that price I better be getting something pretty dang good in my cup (and a prize on the side).  It was just alright.  I was slightly disappointed and more than slightly sick over it, but hey--at least I got to keep the cup. 

We stopped by the lego store where Nate and the boys posed for a picture.  
Then headed back to the hotel to crash for the night and get ready for the Happiest Place On Earth!!!

More to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment