Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3

I love the different stages of life my kids go through.  I look forward to (and fear) what will come in the future as they get older.  It makes me a little sad to know that certain things (like bringing a newborn home from the hospital) won't be happening again.  But I have decided one of my favorite stages of life is having a 3 year old.  Not that I don't enjoy this point in time with my other kiddos but there is just something about age 3.  They are becoming more and more independent yet they still have such an innocence to them.  They are inquisitive and funny.  And they love life and the simpleness of it.  Here are some examples, from my 3 year old, of why I love this age so much.

First of all lets start with a picture (or 2) of the cutest 3 year old I know.


Yes, I am biased.  I should be.  But seriously, look at that face.  You have to admit, it is stinkin cute.  I took these pictures because I thought he was looking particularly cute in his hat.  Little did I know that he had found a candy bar in the diaper bag and was hiding it under there.  Sneaky little devil.

**He is completely ecstatic over finding a penny.  "LOOK MOM!!! MONIES!  Where's my piggy?"

**He will look in the mirror every morning when he is getting dressed and say "i'm sexy and I know it".  I hope that confidence sticks with him throughout life.

**The best part of the day for him is kicking my trash at Uno.  Every time he wins (which is pretty much always) he throws his hand in the air and yells "winner chicken dinner".


**He isn't embarrassed to hold my hand or give me a kiss.

**He thinks I am his best friend and number one girl.  Makes me sad for the day he will have a new number one girl.  A new hand to hold and cheek to kiss. Even though I loved him first.  Makes me appreciate my mother-in-law on a whole new level.  She raised this a spunky little boy (i'm talking about nate here if I lost any of ya)  into a great man then passed him along to me when the time came.  I know my time to do that will come sooner than I want it to.  Until then, I am going to relish in the fact that i'm still Dax's number one gal.

**He thinks he has conquered the world when he gets his shoes on all by himself.  Pure delight covers his face.

**The best things come out of his tiny little mouth, for example:
     -can you hook me up?  (meaning tuck me in)
     -mom's have birthdays too?
     -WHAT?!  dogs get haircuts like people?
     -Can I have an ocosiple (popsicle)
     -Can we go see a whalephin (i'm still not sure if he's talking about a dolphin or a whale)
     -Excuse you pig face (when someone burps)


I know most of this won't mean anything to those reading it.  This post is mostly for me.  Because to me, these are the things that complete life.  They make me happy and whole and I want to remember that.  He reminds me everyday how great life can be if we stop and enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. This made me cry a little and it's not even my kid...geesh! I love him! I love all of your boys!

    ReplyDelete