Saturday, March 2, 2013

burnt bacon anyone?

This is why sick moms shouldn't have to cook dinner


One of the perks that comes along with being mom is even when you feel like you've been hit with 1000 hammers, the little ones still have to eat.  Nate walked in from work to a smoke filled house, alarms going off, me standing in the kitchen trying not to cry and dilon trying to clear out all the smoke. The alarms went off for at least 10 minutes.   When I burn food I burn it good.






Never in my life have I burnt bacon so badly it was completely black.  And muffins.  Who burns muffins?  It's not that i'm completely lacking culinary skills.  I can cook decent enough to feed this family of six.  I don't know what my deal was last night, besides that fact that I thought I might die.  

At least Nate was awesome enough to load everyone in the car and take us out for a family date night to the maddox drive in.  Maybe I should burn the bacon more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment