Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Fight or Flight.........or pee?

I have to say, I am not a fan of this night class thing with Nate.  We have been doing it for about 4 years now and I still get freaked out when the kiddos are asleep and I am sitting in a quiet house without him.  I swear every little sound I hear is someone breaking in to kidnap me (because I am worth so much).  Or I swear I see people walk by the bathroom door when I am showering.  We have a see through shower curtain (I believe that was Nate's idea) and I just know I am seeing things out of the corner of my eye.  It doesn't help when I watch re-runs of Criminal Minds.  One of these days I will learn my lesson and stop.  It makes me think, what would I do if someone actually was in here? Yes, we have guns.  Yes, that was a bit of a fight --I am not a gun fan.  No, I do not know how to use them.  Yes, I am making myself sound really lame right now.  I'm going to add learn to shoot a gun to my to-do list.  But really, would I attack or would I freeze?  In my mind I see myself going all ninja on the intruder.  In reality I would probably just scream like a girl.  Okay, I know I would scream like a girl.  You see, a few years ago I was all by myself at Taco Time closing up.  Which by the way is a big no no but the lady who cleans the floors asked me if I could do it because she couldn't.  Me being the generous person that I am told the other employees to leave, I would be fine.  So I locked the doors and went to work moppin' away.  The whole dining room is filled with glass windows so I just know a creeper is out there watching me.  But I braved up and went to work.  I was just getting done, had all the lights off except one and was double checking (okay, triple checking...darn ocd) to make sure everything was shut down for the night.  I was over my fear for the moment and was happily singing Seasons of Love from Rent when I turned the corner and there he was.  My boss.  Smiling.  First, I lost all sensation to my entire body.  Second, I screamed as loud as my little vocal cords would allow.  And third, I peed my pants.  I'm not talking its like I sneezed and a little trickled out because i've had one too many kids pee.  I'm talking it was a good thing I was going home because I needed to change my drawers pee.  I swear that little incident took ten years off my life.  I didn't even try to fight.  Or run.  I stood there, screamed, and peed my pants. It's nice to know I have what it takes to protect myself.

1 comment:

  1. That totally made my whole night! Thanks for the laugh. :) You kill me!

    ReplyDelete