Thursday, April 10, 2014

New walls and a new bathtub

There is one thing I really, really dislike doing.  Okay, there are a few things I really, really dislike doing but one thing in particular that I have to do now and I don't want to.....paint.  The entire inside of my house (minus two bedrooms).  Anyone out there bored and want to come do it for me?  I haven't decided if the worst part is actually painting or prepping to paint.  I am so sick of fixing holes and dings and trying to make everything look perfect.  I know as soon as I get everything done I will probably have a good 24 hours of beautiful walls before someone throws a toy or bumps a chair over dinging/scuffing them up again.  That's alright. I'll take a house full of boys over beautiful walls any day (most of the time).

Good news is I have one room complete.  We had issues with our bathtub and had to replace it. Which means the walls had to be fixed.  I've painted it twice (2 coats each time so really 4 times) because the first color we picked made me nauseous every time I walked in the room.  I guess if a room is going to make you sick it may as well be the bathroom. Convenient if you ask me.  Anyway, the walls have been done for a week or so and no new dings yet.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I just know I am going to be the one to put the first dent in the wall when I fall trying to get out of my big old beast of a tub.  
 I was talked into getting a big soaker tub without realizing how tall the darn thing would be.  Who talks someone into a soaker tub when it is a shower combo?  I was not thinking when we decided on this and after I saw it, it was already installed.  I didn't want to make a big deal of it so I just let it go. I am trying to be positive about it but I hate the thing.  I don't even like to bath.  I'm a shower girl through and through.  The first time the boys got in (which is why the walls still look like crap in the picture) I about lost them. I thought about getting the floaties out for Baylor but that would have required me going into the crawl space and I avoid that at all costs.  I make the kids dig my totes out when I need them.  

I will soon be investing in a pole vault pole to get in and out of this thing.  When the guy came to do the walls around it he asked if we had to invest in another water heater.  I don't know if he was joking or being serious.  It does take about half the day to fill it with water. 
I know I need to shut my mouth and be grateful we have a shower with hot water. 
Anyone want to come over and go swimming?

No comments:

Post a Comment