Thursday, February 26, 2015

Not so happy Valentine's Day

So I've been debating the last week or so whether I should blog about Valentine's Day at the Wright house this year.  It kind of started a fight that lasted for a week but we are finally past it. I think.  

I'm a simple person. I don't need expensive jewelery or fancy dinners. In fact Nate and I are lame and don't normally buy each other presents.  Well he bought me a present this year.  Take one guess what it was.  Let me give you a little hint.  A handgun.  He handed me a freakin handgun.  Was this a joke I was missing the punchline to?  It had to be.  A handgun?  I hate guns.  We already have a few and I'm not real fond of any of them. 14 years we've been together and he knows me about as well as he knows the mailman.  Perfect.
Lets just say my reaction was not quite what he was expecting.  If it would have been placed like a bow on top of a box of cupcakes we would be in business, but just handing me a gun and saying Happy Valentine's Day didn't quite cut it for me.  

He gave me this super awesome gift a couple weeks after he told me he bought a truck.  I thought he was joking.  Turns out the joke was on me.  He has been staying after work everyday this week fixing his "new" truck.  It's a real beauty.  

I'll tell you one thing.  I'm about two seconds away from booking a Disneyland trip and giving it to him as an Anniversary present in March.  Two can play this game, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment