Monday, March 23, 2015

Monday, we meet again

Well it's Monday again.  yipee...... It's barely 8:30 and I've already managed to pee my pants and have an epic mom fail. 

I went to hang up Grif's church shirt from yesterday (one plus for the day is a load of laundry is marked off my check-list.  Only 37 more to go!) and when I opened the closet door I saw this staring at me
I thought some furry little creature was going to jump out and attack me.  So what do I do?  Stand there and pee my pants a little.  This has happened more than once.  I really, really need to work on my fight or flight response.  I don't even care which one it is as long as the peeing stops. 

On to the mom fail.  It was time to send the Grif off to school.  I look out the window and notice it's raining a little so I hand him an umbrella, give him a kiss, and send him on his way.  I'm the paranoid mom that has to watch out the window as long as I can to make sure he is safe.  That's when I noticed the wind was blowing.  By the time I realized it was really blowing he was halfway to school.  I was hoping and praying the poor kid and the umbrella made it safely when I get a text from my friend.  Her husband had just passed Grif struggling with an umbrella that was flipped up.  I'm sure a 5 minute walk (or 1 minute car ride, if I was a nice mom) took him 25 minutes this morning.  Now I keep picturing the poor kid getting tossed around in the wind with a broken umbrella and his homework flying all over the place.  I'm sure that's exactly what happened too.  Better make the kid some cookies for after school to help heal the pain so I'm not paying for therapy in the future. Now there's something else I'm going to sit and worry about. 
*grifin to therapist* it all started in the fourth grade when my mom made me walk to school on a windy day with an umbrella........

No comments:

Post a Comment