Thursday, October 8, 2015

Apartment living

I've been debating on doing this post for a few weeks now.  I wasn't so sure I wanted to remember our days in this teeny, tiny little apartment six of us are trying to live in.  But I figured, hey why not?  When I look back at this it will make me appreciate my new house that much more.  Speaking of the new house it is such a slow process. Everyone warned us it would be but man it's taking forever to get moving.  Hence the reason there are no new pictures yet.  Our builders are super busy which is great for them so I know I just need to be patient.  The stuff to start framing was delivered today though so soon it will start looking like a house is going up.  Yay!

Anyway, a little sidetracked there.  I figured I would post about our apartment adventure. We have now lived here for almost 8 weeks.  Man our house should be halfway done by now I swear.  Oh well I'll get over it.  I just want to pat myself on the back because I was sure I wouldn't survive the first month.  
Let me give you a little glimpse of the living situation.

 Random crap everywhere!  A toolbox on the kitchen floor.  Nowhere to store food.  Who would have ever thought you could miss a pantry?  Well I sure do.
 Case lot sales this last week and I can't pass up a good deal so I'm just piling food on the the table and chairs because there is literally nowhere else to put it.
 Deep freeze in the kitchen corner.  Awesome.  Tablecloth over broken blinds.  More awesome.  One cute kid who doesn't care a bit.  Most awesome.
 No need to deal with bed frames.  Throw four kids in one room and mass amounts of chaos are sure to ensue.  And that they have.
 Anyone have any idea how hard it is to put 4 kids clothes in one tiny closet?  Also do you have any idea what this does to my ocd?  I've just given up on trying to be organized here.  Not happening.
 Oh look!  More piles of stuff randomly stationed throughout the place.  Don't judge on the amount of toilet paper right now.  Case lots, remember.  Plus there are six of us.  That should be gone by next week.


Anyone who really knows me knows that I don't like clutter on counter tops.  The bathroom is killing me.  Who builds an apartment with absolutely no storage.  No closets, drawers, nothing.  

One more great thing about living here is trying to use our grill out back.  Every time I am cooking on it there are random people out there just hanging out.  Do I offer to have them come in and join us for dinner?  I don't know.  


I use every excuse possible to get out and do something.  I show up to get the boys from school 30 minutes early because I would rather sit in the car than sit in the apartment.  Then I just get to deal with this


Now someone slap me and make me remember how blessed I am.  I need to stop complaining and be grateful for a roof over our heads.  Plus it's making us bond more as a family.  That's worth it. Totally worth it. Only a few more months.  I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. oh, i'm SO SORRY! ok, you have twice the kids we do, but i swear more than space is storage- the only reason i don't care at all to be in our tiny apartment is because we have GREAT storage. and it makes all the difference. i'm so thrilled to see your house. you'll look back on this and crack up. the pictures are awweeeesome:)

    ReplyDelete