Thursday, October 15, 2015

Christmas is coming

So I really have no idea what to get the boys for Christmas this year.  We are down to a couple months until the big day and I need some ideas.  I have told the kids a thousand times Christmas isn't about presents.  This year I really don't want to go overboard and spend a ton but I still want it to be fun for them.  Anyway, I asked them to make me a list of things they would like.  I would like to share with you what Grifin's list is.  Remember, the boy is 10.  And he asked for a bed for Christmas last year.
 This years list:

1:  Automatic (electric) toothbrush (just a little side note on this, we went to the dentist yesterday and the hygienist said grif had the cleanest mouth on a kid she had ever seen.  He just may be slightly OCD.  Wonder where he gets that from).
2:  Slippers
3:  BYU or USU shirt
4:  Gift card to Maddox or Cafe Rio
5:  Flashlight with laser pointer


Is this a typical 10 year old boy's request?  Not one fun thing on there unless you consider brushing your teeth fun.  Practical little fella.  

I have been bugging Nate for the past 4 years to take us to Disneyland again.  There's never any money.  Such a bummer.  So my new plan the last few weeks was to convince him to take us for Christmas because once we have a bigger house payment I'm convinced we will never go on another family vacay again. He wasn't having it.  The boys were even willing to go gift free this year.  But no, Nate said if we went it would take the money we have set aside to finish the basement.  Who needs a finished basement anyway?  Then I found a killer deal on a trip to Disney World.  We could meet my brother and his family there and go on a vacation that I thought would never happen in a million years.  It was a little more than going to Disneyland but I had it all worked out so it wouldn't be too bad.  However, if you stop and think about dropping that chunk of money in one week it makes me want to vomit a little.  Disney World or braces for Dilon?  Tough choice.  
Again it was a no go for Nate.  I accepted defeat.  I realized that we don't need to spend that kind of money to make memories with these boys.  I am fully committed to using the money to finish the house.  
Last night as I'm having the kids write their lists Nate decides to pipe in with "why are you making Christmas lists?  Aren't we going to Disneyland?"

This husband of mine is going to be the death of me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment