Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Happy Fall

I am loving this fall weather.  Loving this time of year.  Apparently Baylor is too because he's not one to want his picture taken but when we brought our pumpkins home I got a "take my picture mom"  for the first time ever from him.


For the last couple of weeks we have been a house divided.  I have 2 youngsters who have wanted to go to the haunted corn maze and haunted school.  And two youngsters who wanted to do the regular corn maze while the sun was still shining.  So we compromised and did both.  We started out at the corn maze for family night.  It was not haunted but Nate made Baylor cry more than once by shoving him into scary props.  How many times do we need to go over this Nate, it does not make them stronger.  I just makes them more afraid of their dad.  Back off buddy or you may be pretty darn afraid of this awesome wife of yours.  
Then Dax decided it would be funny to run ahead and hide in the corn to scare us all as we walked around the corner.  Well played buddy. 

 After the corn maze we took Dilon and Dax to the haunted school because they just had to go.  Dilon already went with his friends and told Dax it was too scary.  He would cry.  Dax didn't care, he wanted to go. Okay then, don't say we didn't warn you. Nate kindly volunteered to stay outside and wait with Grif and Bay while I took the other two in.  Funny how that worked out.  Dax walked through that thing like he owned it and led the way.  Me and Dil followed behind and Dilon wouldn't let go of my arm the entire time. The only time I saw Dax jump at all was at the very end when he walked past what he thought was a statue, until it moved.  
Apparently those two had devised a bit of a plan because Dilon knew when you walked out of the school there would be a guy with a chainsaw.  Well those two ditched me and took off running leaving me to fend for myself in the dark with chainsaw man.  I'm 36 and don't run.  Ever.  I tried it a few times to help get in shape but that didn't work out so well.  So here I am half attempting to jog away (cute mental picture, I know) and chainsaw man kept coming after me.  He made me run.  I had to run.  I didn't pay 6 bucks a person to run.  I want my money back.

So after we got home the boys wouldn't stop talking about how awesome it was.  But when I went to put Dax to bed for the night I could see his eyes kind of darting around the room looking for stuff.  Finally I leaned down in his ear and whispered "you know if you're scared you can just say a prayer and it will help".  I kiss his cheek, walk out the door, then turn around to see this
I love these boys of mine.  Happy Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment