Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas 2015

It's nuts to me that another Christmas has come and gone.  The years keep going faster and faster.  The last few months have gone much faster than I thought they would.  Living in this little two bedroom apartment has been rough but I've gotten used to it so that's a plus.  However, the water heater went out on Christmas Eve.  That was fun.  Took them 5 days to come fix it.  I showered once in ice cold water and thought I was going to die.  It was one of those colds where you physically cannot breathe.  I kept gasping and gasping.  I'm pretty sure that was the fastest shower I have ever taken in my life.  Nate gave it a go too and he squealed like a little school girl the entire time.  Good times around here.  Just an FYI, we did all shower more than once in those 5 days.  Luckily we were in Heber for part of it. Then we invaded my sisters house.  I'm sure they loved that.
We still don't have a date on when our house will be done.  Looks like it will be going into February.  Bummer.  
I got a bit sidetracked there.  This was supposed to be a Christmas post.  So Christmas was good.  We didn't go too overboard which I'm grateful for.  I really really dislike how worldly Christmas has become.  I hate feeling like everything has to be a competition.  The boys seemed to be happy with what they got so that was a plus.  There was a bit of a tantrum thrown by grif because he thought his new bike was too big.  Sorry buddy but your old bike was just way too small.  Then he decided to throw anther fit when I asked him why he wasn't wearing his slippers.  That was one thing he really wanted.  Well Santa made the mistake of getting Spiderman slippers and he hates Spiderman slippers.  We had a little talk after that about being grateful for what you have. I also had to be the bad guy and tell him the real deal about Santa so he could grasp the concept of how expensive Christmas can be for moms and dads.  He's 10, it's fine.  Now he thinks it's awesome he's part of the "Santa secret club".   I then told him he could give me back all of his presents for being so ungrateful.  That's when he realized how much he loves his new slippers.  


This kiddo almost got to sing all I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth.  But one tooth was stubborn and didn't want to come out in time.
 We played a little Christmas Eve Bingo.  Who doesn't love Bingo?

Getting ready to go see the goods Christmas morning.  Dad is such a party pooper and makes them wait forever.  I was pretty mean too and threatened to take away all their toys if they woke me up before 7.  I'm working on that nurturing thing.






and Christmas wouldn't be complete without a picture of all the grandsons in their pj's from Grandma and Grandpa Squeaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment