Thursday, December 10, 2015

He's on a winning streak

Dax must have rubbed elbows with someone who is lucky because the boy is on a winning streak right now.  The tree we decorated for his class was one that got picked for the district art show.  There wasn't supposed to be any coloring,  just the use of random stuff.  I had a flashback of a little art project from when I was in grade school that involved tissue paper, glue, and the end of a pencil and that's what he wanted to do.  Funny I can remember that but can't remember where I leave my keys at least 3 times a day. 
It turned out rather cute I think:
Then the town was doing their annual coloring contest.  A bunch of businesses around town have pictures the kids can color and if their picture is picked they get a prize.  All the other years they have done it they have only been able to win from one store.  This year they didn't have a limit.  So Dax, Baylor, and Grif colored their little hearts out.  I got a phone call saying that Dax and Baylor had won at the same place.  Then I got another phone call.  Dax had won again.  Then another, and another, and another.  The kid won 5  places. Quite impressive because there were quite a few pictures turned in at each place.  Poor Grif was the lone ranger who didn't get picked.  But that's okay. He doesn't seem to get too hung up over stuff like that.  He's his own kid living in his own world.  For example: 
 These are pictures of him at a wrestling meet.  He doesn't care that half the gym is full of loud crazy people.  He finds his own place to be and does his thing.  Whatever makes the kid happy. 

Anyway back to the coloring contest. 
Here are the winnings:
 Sunglasses and candy from the eye center
 A gingerbread house kit from sierra homes
 the finished gingerbread house (pretty good for our first one ever)
 several toys and treats from tremonton parks and rec.
 chocolate and money from members first credit union (that's my kind of prize right there)
and a nerf gun from davis glass which was already banned because those little suckers sting when they hit.

Here's to hoping his lucky streak continues.  I'm just going to make sure I'm standing close to him at all times so I can have a little luck thrown my way too. 


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Dax!!! His coloring is impressive by the way.
    Jami

    ReplyDelete