Thursday, March 17, 2016

We're really going

Well it's official.  We actually booked the trip to NY/DC.  I usually drag my feet about spending money on unnecessary things with 2 exceptions 1- Disneyland 2-eating out (my weakness.  It really needs to stop). But I decided the money would be worth it and the basement getting 100% finished will just take a little longer. 
I'm also having extreme guilt over not taking a family vacay instead. Vacations are few and far between at this house so I feel selfish spending the money on just me and Nate. The kids will start leaving the house in  a few short years so I feel like I need to get the memories in with them. Also, I am abandoning my babies for a week.  I know, cut the cord already.  It's not that I don't trust grandma and grandpa squeaker (who are being super nice and taking them for several days), I'm just afraid of the damage these 4 kiddos may do while the parents are away.  Thank you Scott and Karen.  And good luck.  Seriously, I mean that from the bottom of my heart.  
At least once a day I have the urge to change our plans and head to disney instead.  I need to stop. It will be fun and worth it and me and Nate deserve a little time together after 10+ years of no couple vacations.

I am super excited to head back East.  However, I'm not so sure we will survive in New York.  Nate's pretty good at navigating so I'm leaving that up to him.  He can handle the stress. I, on the other hand, will probably stop in the middle of the street and have a panic attack over which direction I should be heading.   Aside from that I can't wait. 

1 comment:

  1. YOU'VE GOT THIS!!! Mike probably talks about you guys coming more than you do. We're stoked!

    ReplyDelete