Wednesday, March 9, 2016

15 years!

Goodness gracious, you'd think i've fallen off the face of the earth or something by the looks of my blog. It has been awhile.  I just haven't been in a blogging mood I guess.  Plus I've been a little busy.  New house stuff, going back to work stuff, 4 kids stuff, being addicted to facebook stuff.  The list goes on and on and my blog just keeps getting neglected. 
But I will fully dedicate the next few minutes to my blog because today is a special day.  15 years!  I have been with my better half for 15 years now.  I deserve something pretty amazing for putting up with Nate for that long.  He deserves something even more amazing for putting up with me.  So we just may do something amazing and head to DC/New York in a couple weeks to celebrate.  We haven't exactly booked anything yet but we are thinking about it. Everyone says to do it (easy to say when it's not your money that's being blown).  I say that's a lot of money to blow in a few days. Plus the guilt of leaving the kids behind is already eating me up and we aren't officially even going yet.  My brother and his cute family live in DC so we have somewhere to stay there.  If we go all the way to DC we would have to go to New York. It's on my bucket list and I'm convinced we will never be that close to it again.  I have no desire to live in the big apple but a visit would be awesome.  Times Square, Central Park, Gray's papaya -- I'm in!
Plus did I mention its been 15 years!?!  We deserve a little time to ourselves right?  We haven't taken a trip with just the two of us in over 10 years.  But at the same time we only have 6 more years until Dilon will be out of the house.  Couple vacation?  Family vacation?  Shed? Put in a yard?  What to do, what to do.  
I got sidetracked a bit with that.  This post was supposed to be about the past 15 years with my Mr. Wright. It's amazing to me the things Nate has made happen for our family.  We have great kids, a beautiful home, respect, love, fun, ups and downs, non-awkward silent moments, awkward silent moments followed by "lets stop being mean to each other" moments, compromise, compassion, passion (yea baby!), you're driving me nuts moments, what would I ever do without you in my life moments,  and I hope the next 15 years will be this awesome moments.  We are each others strength and weakness. We have seen the for better or for worse and I know through some of the worst moments we have become better. Better people, better parents, better spouses.  
I love your stinkin guts, Nate.  Thanks for putting up with me and my crazy. I promise to keep loving you through all your crazy too.

2 comments:

  1. DO IT! also, nothing says "romantic getaway" quite like hanging out with the 4 of us!! :)

    happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO!!!! It would be the time of your life. That is definitely a Bucket List item for me. Happy 15th dear friend. You two are awesome and I'm so glad you're my sis : )

    ReplyDelete