Wednesday, February 17, 2016

We're in!

We're in! We're in!  We finally got to move into our beautiful new home and I'm so excited.  We got the go ahead to move in from the builder and the finance guy a week ago (even though we haven't actually signed the papers yet.  I find that odd, but hey I'm not complaining.  They were just waiting on some paperwork that was slow going).  I can't describe how awesome it feels to move into a new home, especially after living in a tiny, nasty apartment for 6 months. Three words for you though: NEW HOUSE SMELL.  Nothing better.   I feel so blessed.  Saturday I kept tearing up watching people help us move and was just so grateful for everything/one around me.  I'm not sure I deserve it.  

I just got done unpacking the last box.  Last box baby.  Except the stuff that is piled in the unfinished basement.  I did go through those so I count that as being unpacked.  I just have nowhere to put any of it until Nate gets things finished down there.  I even got the large pile of boxes unpacked that were in the garage.  Nate had a bit of a freak out because they were taking up his precious garage space. He wanted them taken directly downstairs.  I wanted to go through everything first so I didn't have to move things a second time if they didn't belong down there.  Most of it did but don't tell him that.  I told him I would have it taken care of in 2 weeks.  Did it in 5 days.  I'm a rock star.  

I would post new pics but 
1- I feel like I'm bragging and being worldly when I do that.
2- Our builder posted them on Facebook so anyone who reads this (all 5 of you) probably already saw them on there.
3- I haven't had time to take any new pictures anyway.

I'm going to go enjoy my new shower, enjoy the new house smell, look at my perfect walls (minus a couple dings from the move which was to be expected and surprisingly didn't really get to me), and know my house will NEVER be this clean again.  
Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU! don't feel braggy at all- just look at it like we're nosey and want to see. so share. congratulations!!! nothing like that new house smell!

    ReplyDelete