Monday, February 1, 2016

Counting my blessings #1

This heart of mine is busting at the seams right now with gratitude. I started writing a post on some things that are really hitting me hard and how much I have in my life. Then it started to get out of control with how long it was becoming so I figured I better break it down into a couple of posts. 

** I know I post a lot about it lately but I'm so grateful for this new home we are building.  It still feels like it's not real.  Some days I worry that we are being too worldly.  But mostly I'm just grateful for these amazing opportunities that come into our life.  Nate works his tail off to make things happen for us as a family and I am forever grateful for that.  I knew when we built a house it would mean I would be going back to work.  No biggie.  I always planned to work when Bay was in school.  I've been praying like crazy that I would know if I needed to go back earlier than that.  Out of the blue one day I get a phone call from my old Taco Time boss asking what it would take to get me back there.  I took that as a sign and I am now rolling burritos again.  It wasn't particularly the answer I was wanting. I didn't necessarily want to go make tacos again but I am so grateful that things just worked out.  I didn't have to search or ask for a job, it just fell into my lap.  Any job is all about the attitude anyway right?  Back to the house....we got our carpet in. We are only days away from moving! 


**We had a little get away as a family for state wrestling for Dilon (minus Grif who gets bored stiff sitting at wrestling every weekend, so Steph was kind enough to adopt him for a couple days. Really he's pretty entertaining so I'm sure they enjoyed every second with him).  
I've watched Nate these last couple of years help coach Dilon and his friends in football and wrestling.  There have been times I've completely had it because he's never home.  Times I've been completely embarrassed because he's screaming like a crazy man on the sideline. Times I've seen him come home and crash because he's so exhausted from having his plate too full. But mostly I've seen how amazing he is with these young men.  I've seen him celebrate their success and wins. Wrap them in bear hugs and congratulate them as if they were his own.  I've also seen the hurt he feels when he sees a kid walk off the mat after a tough loss.  He wraps his arm around their shoulder offers some encouraging words and helps them realize that tough times don't last but tough kids do. I am so grateful for someone who gives everything good he has to those around him.



No comments:

Post a Comment