Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Boys and their toys

Have I told you lately just how awesome it is to be the mother of four boys?  Everyday is an adventure.  Some days I conquer, some day I throw in the towel.  Tonight was a shake my head, how am I ever going to survive 4 boys, kind of night.
Nate is off fixing a car for someone and told me a lady from the ward would be dropping by with some papers for him.  Usually when someone comes to our house the kids act like they've recently had a 42 oz. mountain dew and are bouncing off the walls. I was actually relived with her timing because when she showed up half of them were just out of the shower and prancing around in their unders so they made a mad dash for their rooms. I figured they would stay there.  Yeah right.
This is a lady I don't know.  We're new(ish) to the ward and I got put right into primary so there are still a lot of faces I'm not familiar with. That goes both ways, she doesn't know us either. She has no idea what kind of damage these four little men in my life can cause.
So I go to take the papers from her but she has to explain a bunch of random stuff about geocaching to me that I can pass along to Nate. Somewhere in the middle of our conversation one of the boys snuck up behind me (where she couldn't see) and set the fart machine there.  Now why in the world we have a fart machine in the house with 4 boys is beyond me but it's about to disappear real soon. 
So as you can imagine they start pushing the remote for it over and over and over again.  I try my best to ignore it or talk over it but that only works for so long before I have to talk about farting with a lady I don't even know.  
Awkward-yes.  Surprising-no.  
These shenanigans are killing me man.  Good thing my boys are so cute.

1 comment:

  1. 😂😂😂😂 I don't care who you are...that's funny stuff right there!

    ReplyDelete