Friday, June 3, 2016

School's out for summer!!!

Summer break has officially started!  I normally have to prepare myself for what is coming my way (4 little boys with a gigantic amount of energy).  But this year I am ready for the break.  I'm ready to sleep in a little and enjoy being a little less organized for a few months.  
Here are some of the goods from the last week of school:

Dilon got the Homework Hero Award, Principal's Award, and President's Award.
Basically he's a good kid, does his homework, gets good grades, helps others.  Pretty much I'm raising a  brown-noser.

Grif graduated 5th grade.  No more elementary school for him. When I picked him up from school today he came running down the sidewalk waving his hands in the air, jumped in the car and yelled "free at last."  I hate to tell you buddy but with whats to come in school you may be wanting those grade school years back.
He also ended up with 2nd place in the science fair.

I don't know what to say about my Dax.  He's a smarty pants.  He was one of 2 kids in his class that passed off all 500 sight words so his teacher bought them McDonald's for lunch yesterday.  He is in 1st grade and she gave him 5th grade sight words at the last parent/teacher conference to start practicing.  For his year end testing he was off the graph in some areas and well above average in everything.  He is also the kid that hid the fart machine behind me the other night (see previous post).  Heaven help me with what may come with him.  
Each year we have a tradition where we go out to lunch on the last day of school.  A few weeks ago I told them this year I had to work (I work every Friday) so maybe their dad could bring them in to get a taco.  Like a week later he came to me all teary eyed and said: " Mom can you please not work on the last day of school so we can go on our lunch date."  How do you say no to that?   So I took the day off and it's a good thing because my feisty little 6 year old spent the night hugging the toilet.  He had to miss his last day of 1st grade.
Good news is he perked up by lunch so we still went on our lunch date.

And my Baylor Von is just super excited that Dilon will be his summer babysitter.
  Fingers crossed that my house is still standing by the end of August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment