Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Baseball and more

It's baseball season again.  
I'm the mean mom that won't let Dilon try out for a comp team because of time/money.  We spend enough time/money for football and wrestling, we can't do it for baseball too.  So city league it is. 
I was worried about Dilon this year because he is going into 8th grade and he's playing against some kids that are going into 10th.  There is a pretty big difference between some of those boys.  Mama bear needs to relax because my kid can hold his own.  
For one of his games this week his team had been down 11-2.  They put dilon in to pitch and he got three outs right in a row.  Then his team started to make a come back.  The score was 11-8 with only about a minute left in the game, bases loaded, two outs, and my kid up to bat.  My heart sunk a little for him because all the pressure was his. If he struck out the game was over. 
But he didn't.  He got a hit.  A good enough hit and an overthrown ball got him a triple.  That meant all the boys on base came into score and the game was tied up when the time ran out.  They came back and won 14-13.  Go dilon!  You little rock star you.


Dax is loving machine pitch and keeps getting some pretty sweet hits. I love watching this age.  No pressure, just fun.

Grif isn't much on sports but he is also a rock star and got his arrow of light.  This mom sucks at scouts so thank you leaders that made that happen.

any my Baylor Von won't stop growing up on me.  He has basically worn the training wheels right off his little bike so I figured it was time to take them off.  After I did I was standing in the driveway with him sitting on his bike making him wait because I was on the phone.  Nobody needs to hear me huffing and puffing over the phone while I try to balance a 4 year old on his bike.  Well the kid is about as patient as me and the next thing I know he just takes off and starts riding without me.  Piece of cake.  Probably literally for me. I'm sure I went in the house and ate a piece of cake to celebrate teaching my last kiddo to ride without training wheels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment