Friday, August 12, 2016

Happy 13th Dilon

So I'm a few days late in writing this post.  I think it's due to the fact that I can't quite grasp the concept of what it is I am about to blog on.
I have had years to prepare for this, but really how do you prepare for something this massive. This gigantic.  This enormous. (get the point yet?)

I'm officially the mother of a TEENAGER!!!!!
This is what they warn you about.  For years I've heard everyone say: "just wait until you have a teenager!".  Well I've waited.  I'm ready.  I say bring it. 

I blame Nate.  He's getting older but I'm certainly not.  (just forget the fact that I celebrated my 37th yesterday.  I still feel 24 so that's gotta count for something)

Ask how awesome Dilon's 13th birthday was.  It wasn't awesome.  It was kind of sad.
 I blame football.  (I like to play the blame game a lot.)   He had practice and coach says you can't miss practice.  Just trying to teach my kid not to be a rule breaker.
His birthday was on Monday so we went out Saturday to celebrate.  Just lunch and a little shopping. He just had to have Hawaiian sandals.  They look girly to me but all the teenage boys have them so he had to too.  Remember he's a teenager now, it's a big deal.
Then on his actual birthday he didn't get a thing.  Okay, I felt guilty and bought him a candy bar otherwise he really would not have gotten one thing to open. 
I blame wrestling (ha, see what I did there....the blame game...okay, I'm done).  He just had to have a cool singlet for wrestling this year.  The dang thing was 75 bucks so I told him if that's what he wanted that was all he was getting. I actually held my ground and stuck with it. I mean, minus the sandals, I stuck with it. Oh, and the candy bar but that doesn't count, right?
 So the singlet is still being made, hence the reason for no presents to open. 
Grandpa Bernie saved the day and took him golfing Monday morning so his day wasn't completely lame. 
I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that I have a teen but dang it, so far I've conquered.  I don't know what all the fuss is about with everyone else and their teens.  Mine is pretty awesome if I do say so myself!
Love you Dil pickle!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dillon!! I still remember going to his first birthday party at your little condo.... I guess that means I'm getting old too :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dilon, not Dillon... sorry about that. I hate it when people spell my name wrong, shesh, I should know better.

    ReplyDelete