Friday, March 9, 2012

11 (mostly) BLISSFUL YEARS!!!!


Happy Anniversary Nate! I am so grateful I found you. Well you actually found me. Remember standing in the snow in shorts outside my apartment window in Logan in the middle of December? When we opened the window to see who the crazy person was you started reading scriptures to us. From that moment on I was smitten. Okay, not really. It took several months before we went out because seriously, who stands outside some strangers window and reads their scriptures as a pick up line. Anyway, the past 11+ years have certainly been interesting. Here's my list of the 11 greatest things over the past 11 years(thanks Amanda, I totally stole this from you). **Warning** this may get a little cheesy for some......

1-Dilon
2-Grifin
3-Dax
4-Baylor
5-We survived a layoff and ended up better off in the long run
6-We've turned our house into a home--it's a bit chaotic at times but it's still home
7-You lost most of your hair and I don't care
8-I gained weight and you don't care--at least that's what you say, I say the verdict's still out on that one
9-We survived changing a colostomy bag on a baby almost every day for several weeks. Seriously, I do not miss the yelling at 2 a.m. because a bag was leaking and we were both so sleep deprived we didn't know what else to do besides yell (man, that seems like it was forever ago). I know now that it made us stronger
10-You kiss me on the cheek in the middle of the night when you think I'm sleeping
11-You put up with me and all my craziness. But seriously, stop calling me crazy

It would be interesting to see what Nate's list would have on it. Maybe I don't want to know. We thought we would celebrate our anniversary this year by taking the kiddos to Disneyland. We were supposed to go last year for our 10 year anniversary but we were fresh out of money (stupid water heater). We are still trying to get that money tree to grow but decided to do it anyway. I only have so many years of vacation time left with my little family (thanks Jami for making me aware of that) so we need to make the most of the time we have. We are soooo excited! Only 2 more days!!!!!



Our picture from our wedding announcement.
Look how much hair Nate had and look how pale I am (i think I may be a vampire)


This was taken about a year ago. We really should get a recent one but trying to get Nate to pose for a picture without making a goofy face is almost impossible.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I'm so happy that Nate read his scriptures to you on in the snow so that you noticed him and here we are 11 years later and you're my sister! Saweet!!! Hope you guys have fun in Disneyland! I'm so jealous! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post!!! You two are such a great couple, and parents! Great way to meet a sweet spouse Nate!! Happy Anniversary! Lonnie and I just got home from celebrating our 13th (Yikes). Still can't save enough money to leave the state though!!!

    HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete