Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ah Saturday! We meet again!

I love me some Saturdays.  Days of the week never seemed to matter to me, until football started.  Did those words actually just come out of my mouth?  I find myself talking about football all the time now.  Don't read too far into that.  I'm not talking about your big barbaric NFL (did I use the right letters there?) teams.  I am talking about youth/college ball.  I love watching dilon and his team play.  They had their last game of the regular season today.  They lost. Their first loss on the last game. So sad, but really the refs were not playing nice. Shame on you grown men dressed in stripes that are ignoring obvious calls that even this old lady could make. Doesn't matter, they are in the playoffs.  I can't wait until next week.  I am a little sad to know it will be ending soon.  I have loved our little family outings to the ball field each week.  Does that make us totally lame?  Our great outings are heading to Logan/Brigham/West Haven to go to a game.  Who needs to go cool places when you can go sit on grass and yell half the day? 

Then Nate and Dilon ditched the rest of us-so rude- and headed to Logan for the Aggie game.  I'm sitting here all sad and alone.  Okay, not actually alone, the other kiddos are in bed.  I should be enjoying this peace and quiet but I can't seem to get my butt off the computer.  Shouldn't I be eating chocolate or sleeping or taking a bubble bath or something? What do women do now days when they don't have a kid hanging on their leg wanting to climb on their lap just to climb back down again. Then repeat 110 times just because.  Okay, I think I may have ADD I just got sidetracked again there.  That happens to me a lot.  So many thoughts and nothing to do with them.  So how about them Aggies.  They are awesome.  Nate also scored tickets to the BYU/Aggie game next week.  Oh I so want to go.  Probably won't happen but doesn't a cougar tail sound delicious.  I skipped dinner.  I am really wanting that cougar tail.  Again, sidetracked.  The point to that was I have never wanted to go watch a college game and now I do.  What happened to me?  Am I so desperate to get a date with my super busy hubby that I would resort to a ball game or have I actually become a football fan?  When I actually start cheering for the pros then I will know something is very very wrong with me.  I hate watching football on Sundays.  Hate it.  Nothing ruins my nice Sabbath day more. 

So to my new bff, Saturday, this week was great (except for that darn loss that ruined a perfect season for those awesome boys).  Until we meet again.  My countdown has already begun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment