Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Lagoon.....my head is still spinning.

There's only one place in the near vicinity you pay a butt load of money to scorch your skin, blister your feet, sweat buckets of bodily fluid, be surrounded by every type of person imaginable, and make yourself sick........Lagoon.   Every year we hear the dreaded begging to go.  For the last couple of years we haven't been able to.  As soon as the snow melted and the weather warmed up the kids were begging to go again.  Since it is ridiculously expensive for this family of 6 to go we told the boys the only way we could do it was if it counted for their birthdays.  No going out to dinner, no going bowling or to a movie or to the fun park. Just cake and ice cream at home. I for sure thought they would say forget it, but nope they wanted to go to Lagoon.  I don't hate going but it's a once every two or three years thing for me.  I would much rather save those pennies for Disneyland, which for some reason I kept dreaming about all night after we got home from Lagoon.  Anyway, here is our family fun day.  Most of the pics are of Bay and Dax but that's because Dilon and Grif think they are too big (and too cool) to go on the kiddie rides. 



















 Nate is obviously thrilled to be there.  
He was actually such a trooper to hang out at the little rides so I could take the older two to the big rides. 


Nate and I have decided we are getting old.  It was a battle to see who had to ride the big rides with Dilon when Grif didn't want to go.  We can't handle them anymore.  Maybe next time we should invite friends and they can do their own thing.  

The kids loved it so I guess in the end the lobster looking skin and blistered feet are worth it.  But here's to hoping that the next time I post pictures of an amusement park on here there will be giant mouse ears in the photos. 

2 comments:

  1. so fun!! we need to take elle to lagoon- she always begs.
    we tell her no.
    really kind, right?
    i found pictures from when i was little at disneyland in front of the admissions sign- it was $99 for a season pass... those were the days.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I would have come and played on the kiddie rides! Will you tell your boys to stop getting so big!...Makes me sad they are growing up so fast. Cute pics though! :)

    ReplyDelete