Friday, August 9, 2013

A decade

A decade.  Dilon celebrated his 10th birthday yesterday, making me a mom for a decade.  I know everyone always says time flies and before you know it they will be grown.  How true that is.  Where has the last ten years gone?  But on the other hand it feels like I have been a mom my whole life.  I can't remember what life was like without these little people.  Honestly, I don't care to remember.  The minute he was born my life changed forever.....for the better.  I am so proud of the young man he is becoming.  He is happy and mellow and so agreeable and easy to work with.  He steps right in and helps me anytime I ask, and when I don't ask.  Dil had such a huge curve ball thrown at him this last year when he was diagnosed with T1D but he has handled it like a pro.  It's like he was prepared for the unexpected at the ripe old age of 9 and jumped right in to taking care of what he needs to so he can be healthy.  I am so happy to call him mine.   Happy Birthday Dilon!  We love you.


yup....still using Christmas wrapping paper for birthday gifts

Once again, grandma squeaker made an awesome cake.  I love the way grif is looking at dilon in this picture, slightly mischievous like he is about to do something he shouldn't. 





1 comment: