Sunday, August 25, 2013

Just a little bit of randomness

I feel like I need to blog.  The problem.......I have nothing to blog about.  Nothing eventful has happened around her lately which is usually a good thing.  Dilon did give us a good scare the other night with his blood sugar.  Went to bed in his normal range (between 100-200), came up to my room about 15 minutes later and said he felt funny.  So he checked his sugar and had dropped below range.  No problem, drink some juice and things should be fine.  Check 15 minutes later and he dropped another 30.  Tried to feed him more sugar and he started puking.  It's a little hard to raise blood sugar when he can't keep any sugar in him.  I started getting nervous because I don't ever want to use the glucagon kit and I could feel that coming on.  He was still dropping by about 30 every 15 minutes.  He started shaking uncontrollably.  He got down into the 50's so I gave the kid regular pop for the first time in 10 months.  Ta-da.....blood sugar back in range.  Sent him to bed feeling a little better. Checked him 2 hours later and he was almost 500.  The poor kids body goes through so much when he crashes and then shoots sky high.  Luckily he was able to sleep it off and was fine the next morning.  It must have been all the excitement from the fair.  

Ahh the good ol' Box Elder County Fair.  I know there are a lot of haters that make fun of it but I don't care.  I love the fair.  My kids love the fair.  I got one whole picture of my kids there...go me!

Dax is actually in there too.  He was too busy "driving" to look at me.


We also had our annual "vernie pete golf party".  I don't golf and I, once again, forgot my camera so I have no pics of the event.  Since I don't golf I volunteered to watch Jude and Elle which meant I had some extra helpers when I was trying to make cookies


Elle is a doll and when she got hungry came to me and said "aunt mel?  can I have a healthy snack please?"  Sure you can, how about some cocoa puffs.  Those are healthy, right? Jude is the most chill kid I have ever seen. Little man can hang out with me any time. 

I questioned whether or not I needed to call dcfs and report my brother.  Clearly by the look of his legs they are starving the poor kid.  Did I mention he just barely turned 6 months?  The dude is a little chubbers. I love it.  If you know his parents it makes you wonder where little man came from.  They are both toothpicks. 
  

Grif decided that he finally wanted a mohawk the last 2 weeks of summer.  It fits his personality well, don't ya think? 


And this little man of mine.... he sure is a handful but he is so fun to have around.  

I could clean hand prints off my back door (and fridge door) 27 times a day and they would still always be there.  I'm sure one day I really will miss them.  

Then there's tomorrow.. the dreaded first day of another semester for nate.  But the fantastic new is, this is his last first day ever!  One semester left.  It's going to be a difficult one but he can totally do it.  I've said it before and I'll say it again.....my man rocks.  

Life is good.  Here's to many more uneventful weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment