Sunday, August 4, 2013

3rd Annual Scott Wright Reunion

I could just kick myself in the butt sometimes.  I will get to why in a minute.  It was the 3rd annual Scott Wright reunion and since Nate is kiddo #3 it was our turn to be in charge.  Everyone has talked about getting away and doing something together so we figured it would be fun to rent a cabin at Bear Lake.  Three days, 31 Wrights, 1 house....it was awesome. 
There were so many picturesque moments.  Too flippin bad I didn't have my camera to document it.  This is why I need my butt kicked.  I told myself a thousand times to put the camera in my purse so I wouldn't forget.  I kept putting it off because I don't forget anything.  We were half way to Bear Lake when I remembered.  I almost started crying.  Nate got sick of hearing me whine about it but wouldn't turn around.  He finally offered to just go buy me a new camera.  I hesitantly said no. I knew what the checkbook looked like and had he known what it looked like he would never have offered to buy another one in the first place. 

It wasn't a complete loss.  I did get a couple of after shots of our trip


These are my hot pink legs I came home with.  This picture does not do justice for the pain I am feeling.  

Here is the pile of laundry I came home with.  I'm pretty sure it is touching the ceiling.  You just can't tell from the angle of the picture.

I realized after the fact that it wasn't such a big deal to not have a camera.  I can just improvise.

The lovebirds who started it all.......Scott and Karen

Nate, me and the boys (notice my poor burnt legs.  The sun hates me.)

 Our cabin with a view of the lake

 A little family fun in the sun (no, I wasn't about to draw 31 stick figures)

The boys spent a lot of time playing ping pong

Me and Nate kickin some trash at cornhole

There were many more memories made but I am sick of drawing stick figures.

We almost ran out of food (I wish there was some sort of sarcasm font) but other than that we had a great time.  The Wrights have so much fun when they get together.  I am so lucky to actually like my in-laws.  I couldn't have married into a better family.  I'd say overall it was a successful reunion so i'm going to go ahead and pat myself on the back. I guess nate deserves a little credit too. 

1 comment:

  1. Bummer on the whole forgetting the camera part! You are quite the artist! ;) Sounds like you had a great reunion.

    ReplyDelete