Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me

It was my birthday a couple of days ago.  The big 3-4.  I'm not one to freak out every year as I get older.  I freak out in other ways.  For instance, my last post.  I have been a mom for a decade.  That freaks me out a little.  The thing lately that really has me starting to panic a bit is taking my kids to swimming lessons.  One of Dax's instructors (a high school boy...I think) looks just like dax to me.  He probably thinks i'm a dirty old lady who can't stop staring at high school boys but I can't help it.  I often catch myself looking at him thinking that is going to be dax in 10-15 years. That's when I start to panic.  Dax as a teenager.  I'm not ready.  I want my 4 year old to stay 4 for at least 10 more years.  I know I complain about how hard it is to take care of 4 small kids every day.  Then I get a glimpse of teenage dax and it shuts me right up.  No more complaining about little ones. I'm not ready for teens anytime soon.  

Back to my birthday.....my kids sure do know the way to my heart



They waited all day Saturday for Nate to get home.  Finally at 9:30 he got home from work, they all got money out of their piggy's then went and bought me my favorites from the grocery store.  Dax bought me the gum and helped me out by eating 90% of it.  I love these boys of mine.  I love that a pepsi, gum and ice cream snickers makes my day just as much as any big expensive thing would have.  It was genuine and from the heart and that's all this mom wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment