Monday, August 11, 2014

Happy (late) Birthday Dilon!


Happy (late) Birthday to this kid of mine.  11 years (and a few days) ago the best thing in life happened to me and I became a mom.  Nothing compares and I'm so grateful for these boys of mine. 

We decided to head out camping with some friends on Dilon's Birthday.  Not sure if that was his #1 choice on what he really wanted to do (he really wanted to go to the jump zone) but once he started fishing I don't think he cared so much about the jump zone.  
I'm still trying to figure out how I have an 11 year old.  I'm not old enough.

Like everything in life our little camping trip had its pros and cons.

Con:  it rained all night Friday after we got there. 

Pro:  We got to spend some good quality time in close quarters with these awesome friends.  13 people in our little trailer. It was, well I guess you could say....cozy?



Con:  I think it was a long cold night for most of us.  Especially for those whose sleeping bags were wet.  Or who had to share an air mattress with their hubby. 

Pro:  Nate was so cold his teeth were chattering loud enough to frighten any scary animal, or Bigfoot, away from our campsite.  We were totally safe.  Until he got up and turned on the heater and his teeth stopped. Then I was positive something was going to attack us.  I long for the day I can go camping and not worry about being eaten by a large furry creature.

Pro:  Waking up to this
Rub-a-dub-dub
three men cooking our grub.

Pro: Idaho fishing treated us pretty well






Con:  I always get stuck cooking the dang things

 Con:  Idaho cops do not treat us so well
Yes that is a speeding ticket (and a very happy husband). Dang Nate and his lead foot. Ask how many speeding tickets I've had in my whole life.  That's right -- a big fat goose egg.  I rock!

Pro/Con:  We decided a fresh raspberry shake at Bear Lake would ease the sting of a ticket.  It did for a minute.  Now my pants are a little too tight and we still have to fork over 90 bucks. 

This biggest Pro of the whole trip.....spending it with my Birthday boy (and those 4 other boys I kinda love too).  Happy Happy Birthday, Dilon!

No comments:

Post a Comment