Wednesday, July 25, 2012

With age comes wisdom.....or something like that

As my birthday for the year quickly approaches I have started to realize something. The older I get, the more I know about random nothingness.  I can't tell you much about History (okay,  I can tell you pretty much absolutely nothing about History), can't help Nate with his Trig, i'm lucky if I can remember most of the continents on any given day.  I'm really not selling myself well here am I?  The reason I let you know all of this is because there is a lot I do know.  A lot I have learned over the years.

Here is a sample of some of the things I actually have learned:

I've learned that I no longer have the ability to hula hoop.  I could have hula hooped for hours in grade school.  Who would have known that having 4 kids would stop that super awesome talent.
***
I've learned that there will always be tiny finger prints on my sliding glass door.  I'm pretty sure the windex just spreads them.
***
I've learned that no one will ever, ever love my boys the way that I do.
***
I've learned that I will never be able to experience the joy of wearing skinny jeans (again, those 4 kids will do that to ya).
***
I've learned that I can talk on the phone, vacuum, and hold a baby on my hip all at the same time--who needs to be able to hula hoop when you have super mad skills like that?
***
I've learned that I try to talk cooler than I actually am. I use the words:  totally, awesome, lame, blasted etc. etc. way too often.
***
I've learned children are parakeets.  I seriously need to start choosing my words wisely.
***
I've learned that I can't keep eating donuts and pepsi for lunch anymore. 
***
I've learned that I just need to let go of my favorite jeans that will never fit again.  By some miracle I just keep hoping they will someday. But no matter how much I try to suck it in, it's not going to happen  (stupid donuts and pepsi).
***
I've learned that the older I get, the more I am losing my mind.  Example:  I hurt my finger the other day, went and got a band-aid.  Put it on.  Went half the day wondering why my finger still hurt.  I had put the band-aid on the wrong finger.  One that didn't even have a scratch on it.  Seriously, how does that happen?
***
I've learned that my dinner will always be cold. Somebody always needs something at dinner time.  By the time I sit down to eat it's a lost cause.
***
I've learned that the toilet paper roll will always be empty even though I swear I change it every time I am in there.
***
I've learned that there is nothing better in the whole world than having two little chubby baby hands grab your cheeks and reel you in for the sloppiest kiss you've ever had.
***
I've learned that when nate makes fun of me for trying to dance he secretly loves it.  The fact that he is still with me after seeing it is a miracle.  That my friends, is true love.
***
I've learned that no matter how old my kiddos get I still have to check on them at least three times after they have gone to bed to make sure they are still breathing.
***
I've learned that dirty dishes are like rabbits.  Put two in a sink together and before you know it they have multiplied.
***
I've learned that I can wake from the deepest sleep possible at the slightest sound of a gag.  Be in a kids room and to the bathroom in 2.7 seconds flat just to avoid cleaning puke off of the bed/floor/walls/ pj's.
***
I've learned the word "mom" comes out of a kids mouth about 573 times a day.  The word "dad" about 2.
***
I've learned that a messy house will still be there tomorrow.  Dang you cleaning fairy--why don't you want to visit me?
***
I've learned that when I am in a crowded place and someone says "mom" I automatically say "what".....along with 5 other women.
***
I've learned that "go ask your dad" is NEVER the right thing to say.
***
I've learned that no matter how hard I try, calgon will never take me away.






No comments:

Post a Comment