Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Burpee or silvermint......tough choice

I attempted my first burpee today.  Glad no one was around to see that.  I long so badly to get rid of this baby belly and I have good intentions of doing so.  Then I go ahead and do something stupid like a burpee and I'm defeated once again.  I opt for the elliptical.  I feel like it is the lazy mans workout and it suits me just fine.  Plus I can watch TV while I am doing it.  Multitasking at its finest.  

I have always felt like I have a runners soul as well.  I get all gung ho and know I can go run a mile or two without a problem.  How hard is it really?  We have all been running since we were 1.  When I actually attempt it I make it about half a block before I remember why I don't do it.  Plus I'm sure I look like Phoebe from Friends when I run (seen that episode?  it's a good one). 

So what's the trick to getting in shape?  I'm pretty sure that box of silvermints from Schwann's I devoured last week didn't help, but I was in Heaven.  So darn delicious.  This week someone brought us a big ol tub of ice cream.  I can't let that go to waste. Waste not, want not.  Then next week is Halloween.  Four kids trick-or-treating means the jackpot for me.  You know you are out of control when you dream about eating a pan of brownies while on the elliptical and truly believe the calories won't count because you are just burning them right off.  I also remember, when I was eating all those silvermints, that I thought my pants were feeling a little loose lately.  It is totally cheaper to buy silvermints than new jeans.  Who wants to argue with that logic?  



No comments:

Post a Comment