Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Round 2

We just got done with Baylor and Dax being sick, now it has moved on to Grif.  What is strange is they have all had something different.  Grif has been puking and had a fever for the last two days.  Happy Halloween to him.  Poor kid can't go trick or treating and right now doesn't even care, that's how sick he is.  He laid in bed all morning and when I asked him if he wanted to go up to my bed to watch cartoons this is what happened:

He made it half way there and just gave up.  I tried to lift the boy but that didn't work out so well.  I'm going to go ahead and add push-ups to my to-do list.  Notice the cute little feet above his head?  Baylor is standing there trying to cheer him on, or thinking about jumping on him, i'm not sure.  It took a good ten minutes for him to get to my bedroom.  Then he laid on the floor for another ten before he had the strength to pull himself up on the bed.  Poor kid.  He is the only one who has gotten the flu shot already and he has been hit the hardest.  So much for me trying to be on top of things.

On another happy note I got my first ever "I hate you mom".  I thought I was hearing things because seriously what kid could hate me?  I'm the coolest mom I know.  Nate turned and said "what did you just say?" followed by another "I hate you mom".  What the heck?  I don't even know what I did.  Seriously I can't remember at all.  Dilon is 9 and has never said it, Grif is 7 and i'm sure has thought it many times but never actually said it.  It came from the 3 year old.  Not cool Dax, not cool.  I just walked away and let Nate deal with it. 

Here's to hoping the pukes and the "I hate you's"  will go far far away and never return again.  A mom can wish, can't she?

1 comment:

  1. Poor Gus! That makes me sad for him! And Dax needs a kick in the butt...ok not really but that's not nice! I love you Mel!

    ReplyDelete