Monday, May 20, 2013

Here's to another new adventure

Time to begin another new adventure.  I am slightly overwhelmed.  Not for myself but for Nate.  Nope, i'm lying.  I'm overwhelmed for my sake as well.  I blame myself for opening my mouth and complaining again about Nate never being home.  I kept saying once he graduates in Dec. he will have plenty of time.  I'm thinking that's not going to be the case anymore.  He was just called to be the 2nd counselor in the bishopric.
I am super proud of him.  I am really not trying to make this sound like a downer post at all.  But like I said I am a bit overwhelmed.  I struggle with Sunday's as it is trying to get 4 kids ready for church, then wrestle a dozen or so more in nursery.  I have to say nursery is a very underappreciated calling.  I think a lot of people wonder how hard can it be to play with 2 year old's and toys for a couple of hours.  But when you are greatly outnumber those cute little faces can sure wear a person out.  I think one of the mom's, who has a little Houdini in our nursery that I had to full on chase through the halls last week, put it nicely when she said "nursery leaders should be allowed to wear sweats to church".  Amen sister!  Anyway, back to me being overwhelmed.  Now I will no longer have Nate's help during Sacrament meeting.  He spoke last week during Sacrament and I had to deal with all four boys by myself.  Let's just say it was an epic fail.  My kids were bigger stinkers than most weeks, I was on the verge of tears more than once, and I didn't hear a word of Nate's talk.
I know it will all be fine.  I am awesome, I can do this (I figure if I give myself a little pep talk it will help).  Things are bound to be crazy for awhile, especially while he is still in school.  But it will be a good way for me to work on my patience.  I am seriously lacking in that department.  I know it will be worth it.  People do stuff like this all the time so I know I need to stop complaining.  I figure I would rather sacrafice time with him now so he can do what the Lord is asking him to do, then we can make up for that time for eternity.  Lucky, lucky Nate.

No comments:

Post a Comment