Saturday, May 11, 2013

I think I may have a problem

Hello, my name is Melanie and I like to hide and eat.  Being the mom to four little people means someone is always picking off my plate.  Or drinking my drink.  These little men of mine don't seem to hear me when I am asking them to do something.  But as soon as I pour myself a bowl of cereal, no matter how quietly I do it, they are by my side in 3 seconds flat.  Last night we were invited to a scout activity where the boys prepared food for their families.  As delicious as it was I went home hungry.  Okay, I was there alone with the 4 kiddos because Nate was still at work.  So there was no way I was going to have the chance to sit and eat no matter how hungry I was.  The scouts really did do a great job.  Anyway, after I got done there I discovered Nate was missing.  He was supposed to be home taking a quiz.  Instead he was having man time with the neighbors.  We ended up staying there doing absolutely nothing the rest of the night.  By the time we got home I was starving.  So was Nate.  The boys were fed and happy so I decided to go grab us a burger.  I am cheap and didn't want to pay for the boys to eat a second dinner so let me tell you what I did.  Told the boys to go start a movie at 9:30 at night.  That never happens.  Then I snuck off to get me and nate our grub.  When I returned I shut the door as quietly as possible and made a mad dash for the bedroom.  Nate and I locked the doors, hid in our room and ate our dinner with our kids none the wiser.  I felt slightly guilty.  But not guilty enough to share my fries.  The sad thing is I have caught myself doing little things like this a lot.  For instance, this week alone I have hid in the pantry to eat cheetos.  Cheetos and children do not mix.  Orange fingerprints all over my house, no thanks.  I also locked myself in the bathroom to eat a root beer float.  Then the next night hid a different root beer float behind the couch every time a boy walked into the room.  I think I may have a problem.

**just an fyi, there are no starving children in the wright house because their mom likes to hide and eat all the food.  They did get root beer floats as well.  I just got double what they did (okay triple).  Dangit, I deserve it sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment