Saturday, May 4, 2013

May the fourth be with you



I have become such a slacker.  It was Grif's baptism today.  And his birthday.  Pretty cool to be baptized on your birthday but back to me being a slacker.  Normally I try to do a little something for the kids on their b-day.  Streamers, balloons, banner.  But today Grif got nothing of the sort.  I was in baptism mode and knew I would have a bunch of people coming to my house so I completely spaced it last night.  This morning he walked up into the kitchen and looked around then said "mom, you forgot to put the stuff up for me."  Rip my heart out of my chest.  I apologized like crazy and he just shrugged and said it's okay.  I'm not very good at being on top of everything.  I tend to over stress with stuff like this and end up having numerous amounts of one thing and completely space other things.  For example, we had a plethora of drinks but no streamers (which I swear, if one more person asked me today if we had enough drinks I was going to punch their lights out.  So we ended up having like 40 things of pop.  What's the problem?  At least everyone got to leave with a door prize of soda).

Minus the balloons and streamers I still think the birthday boy had a great day.  I mean, not everybody gets to celebrate their b-day on Star Wars Day.  Last year was the first year I actually realized what May the fourth be with you meant.  Plus grandpa bernie ended up getting him balloons so it all worked out well in the end.

Happy Birthday Gus.  You are by far the child that keeps me on my toes and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  However, it would be okay to dial it down a notch.  I love you forever.



 I have no clue what the heck dilon is doing in this picture.  I try to get a decent family photo and he looks like he is belching.  Or singing, I don't know which. 




 I wonder where dilon gets it from.  Notice how I am doing all I can to get distance from nate in the above pic.  He wouldn't stop grabbing my derriere.  Focus man.  All I am asking for is one decent photo.





The whole clan--minus amanda and jude.  Where did you disappear to?


 The Wright's make fun of me because they know as soon as they step out my front door I will start cleaning.  Today I told them I was going to put nate to work and take a nap.  While I have yet to take a nap, I did put nate to work.  Little helper and all.


  Happy Happy Birthday Gus!

No comments:

Post a Comment