Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014

Another Christmas has come and gone.  Good times all around.  

Santa took some time out of his busy night to cook our Christmas Eve dinner.  It was delicious.



Ha ha! Nate's the kid in the cafeteria nobody wants to sit by.
 Christmas wouldn't be complete without Grandma Taco's fish pond.

Grandma Taco, Moe & the boys
 Grandpa Bernie, Grammy & the boys

Grandpa & Grandma Squeaker & the boys


We had some pretty spoiled kids this year (one of these years it really does have to stop).  Remember a post or two ago I was making myself very clear that there would be no iPod given to an 11 year old who thought he was the only kid left on the planet that didn't have one?  Well turns out I'm all bark and no bite.  He got a stinkin iPod.  There was one catch though....we couldn't buy an iPod for him and Grif both so we told them they either had to share or pitch in money together to buy a second one.  They very quickly opted for a second one.  Sharing until it gets here has been torture so far.  I'm pretty sure they'll survive.

While these 3 were enjoying the goods Santa left Grif was doing this.....
He wasn't upset with what he did or didn't get from Santa, he was ticked at me. So in all his stubbornness he decided he would rather sulk and prove a point than see what he got.  You're hurting yourself a lot more than you're hurting me buddy.
Once he took a chill pill he realized he got what he had been asking for.  Ask me what it was he wanted.  Not your typical 9 year old request.  A bed.  He wanted a new, bigger bed for Christmas.  Works for me.  Thank you Grandma Squeaker for making a quilt last minute to fit it. 

Notice how quickly my OCD kicked in.  I made my boys take all their Santa gifts to their rooms so we could open the presents under the tree.  Someone teach me to relax already.  In all honesty the 3 year old started cleaning up before I did.  Have I told you lately how much I love that little stink.

Every year we spend Christmas Eve with my fam and Christmas night with Nate's. Here are the Heber happenings
One whole picture!  Go me!  
Let me tell you why I love this picture.  There were several adults on the other side of this telling these 13 boys to hold still and smile.  Don't they all look thrilled and not like they're forcing smiles at all?

Here are some real smiles we were looking for.  

Merry Christmas Everybody!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment