Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Shout-out to awesome teachers

Can I just give a big old shout-out to teachers who really care and make a difference. 
My Grif struggles in school. He has always been behind in math and reading which makes things difficult.   He does have strong points.....he gets 100% on almost all his spelling tests. In kindergarten he could spell hippopotamus and had the alphabet memorized backwards.  But every year I have heard from his teachers that he can't focus and he is below level on tests but not bad enough he needs to be held back.  I have asked them every year at every parent/teacher conference what I could be doing at home.  Most would give a couple suggestions that didn't really help much .  Last year his teacher said she didn't know what to do with him.  She had no advice for me. I kept getting more and more frustrated.
Well this year has been the first year his teacher has told me nothing but positive things about him.  This is what he has been bringing home 
It's amazing what a difference the right fit with a teacher can make.  Positive reinforcement seems to be making a huge difference as well.  
Thank you, thank you to all the teachers out there who sacrifice so much in their lives to make a difference for these kiddos. This mom appreciates it more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment