Sunday, December 21, 2014

He gets credit for trying

Dilon's writing assignment at school this week was to convince his parents to let him have something he was told no to.  This is what he wrote:
Dear Mom, 
I know that you told me no for an iPod but I need one.
If I ever need to text you because I am somewhere and my blood sugar is low I can text you.  If I am at a sport and you are not there I can tell you.  If I am at a friends house and I am low I can tell you.  If I am somewhere you are not and I am low I can tell you.  
A lot of diabetic's have phones or iPod's or something just in case.  Someone in our ward has a phone that he takes to school and other places.  If I am anywhere and I need to text you I can.  It is good that a diabetic has a phone or an iPod just in case.  If I ever need to text someone to pick me up from somewhere, I can.  If I miss the bus after school I can text somebody.  If I am home alone and something bad happens, I can text somebody.
I know you told me no but I probably need one just in case. 
Love, Dilon W.

Oh my dear sweet Dilon.  Nice try buddy.  Playing that diabetes card pretty hard right now. Just in case you don't know what my answer to an iPod is let me clarify:

If you are home alone and something bad happens use the home phone to call this sweet mother of yours.  If someone breaks into the house hide in the closet, cross your fingers and pray.  If the house is on fire there will be no time to find your iPod to text me, get your butt outside.
 
If you miss the bus AGAIN there will be no need to text me.  You know you will be walking home.

If you ever need someone to pick you up, hitchhike.  It's totally safe.

It is good for a diabetic to have an apple juice on them, not an iPod.

If you are somewhere I'm not and you're low there is no need to worry about sending me a text.  I am your mother.  I know everything.  I already have something prepared for you to do, you just have to do it. For example, eat the skittles I made sure were in your pack. 

You will probably never be at a friends house and need to text me because lets face it, you're always grounded.  Lose the attitude and that might change.  If you are lucky enough to get to hang with friends I'm sure their lovely mom has a phone you could text me from.
  
If someone in our ward had a python do you think I would let you get one too?

If you are at a sport and low tell your dad.  He is the crazy parent yelling from the sideline.
You do not NEED an iPod.  You need air.  Air is a need, iPod's are a want. I want a pony.  When do I get that?

There is one thing I have decided though, I may throw $5 into your iPod savings jar for creativity.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, you kill me! that's HILARIOUS! way to rebuttal, mel. way to rebuttal.
    mel 1, dilon 0.
    (i also love he signed it dilon w... just in case:)

    ReplyDelete