Monday, December 8, 2014

GUILTY

I can't handle the guilt.  
Dax went to his first real tournament for wrestling on Saturday.  He went undefeated in the city wrestling he was in so we decided to challenge him a little and let him go to these bigger meets with Dilon.  We found out Dil and Dax would be wrestling at the same time in 2 different gyms.  Nate said he could handle it and coach both.  I don't care how awesome he is, he can't be in two places at once.  He missed Dilon's first match to coach Dax then left Dax to help Dilon which left me there coaching Dax alone.  I have many super powers, coaching wrestling is not one of them.  I don't know the first thing about the half nelson or honeymooner (yes I googled those terms).  Ask me to write a 10 page paper and I'm good to go.  Ask me to coach wrestling and you might as well be sending me to the moon.  I did an excellent job of cheering him on though.  
While Nate was there Dax won.  His undefeated status was still in tact. 
As I was "coaching" I knew he was winning.  He was schooling the poor little guy he was up against.  Little did I know Dax was holding his hands together when he wasn't supposed to be so he was getting penalties called on him.  Finally he got one too many and got disqualified.  I didn't even have a clue that happened.  All I know is the scoreboard said 15-6 in favor of Dax. I was beaming when they went to hand out medals and then he was given 2nd place.  What?  I know I don't know much about it but 3 wins and no losses should have put him in 1st.  Nate had to go ask the ref what happened and that's when we discovered the little man was doing illegal moves.  It's all my fault.  If I would have known I could have told him to stop doing it and he would be wearing 1st instead of 2nd.  Like I said, I can't handle the guilt. I know it doesn't matter if you win or lose it's how you play the game.  He doesn't seem to care, he was happy with a medal and the fact he got to wrestle.  

What I want to know is if I feel guilty over something like wrestling what's going to happen when I really screw something up for one of my kiddos? 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I'm pretty sure you are still a good mom, I mean its true... letting your son do illegal wrestling moves is kind of getting close to providing your son with weed and booze for his weekend parties. But, I think there is still time for intervene :)

    ReplyDelete