Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Another one bites the dust

You know, I'm really trying hard as a mom (most days).  But my hopes and dreams that my kids are listening to all the good I am teaching them gets squashed pretty much daily. 
We all know how fun bedtime routine is with kids. Mine do anything they can to stall the process. Last night they decided to take a little trip down memory lane.  This was the conversation I overheard. 

Dilon:  Hey grif, remember last year when we were walking home from school and that kid biffed it?
Grif: yeah
(excessive laughter between the two)
Me: What? What are you laughing at?  What did he do?
Dilon:  The kid fell hard and grif walked past him and said "dun dun dun another one bites the dust"

NO!  This is not what I teach my children.  We are supposed to help others not sing Queen songs at their misfortune.  I need a rewind button to go back and reevaluate my parenting skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment