Friday, May 1, 2015

Big changes are coming, I think

It's been ten years since Nate and I moved into our little home.  We have known for all ten of those years it would never be our final destination as a family.  The last five or so we have been dipping our toes in the water trying to decide if we should jump in or not. The time has come.  But I'm still standing at the edge of the pool having a bit of a breakdown. (I think it may have something to do with my previous post about me hating water, even though this has absolutely nothing to do with water).
To actually spit the words out "our house is for sale" sends me into a panic almost every time.  We know it's the right decision, my knees are killing me I have been praying so much about it.  Still, I am a worrier.  My mind always goes to the what ifs: what if our house won't sale, what if I don't end up liking the house we build, what if something happens and one of us can't work, what if we don't have anywhere to live when it does sale, (and most importantly )what if we never get to go to Disneyland again......

Then I always worry about what people will say/think: How can the Wright's afford to build a new house? why would they spend the money to build something that's only a little bigger than what they were in? why isn't Nate taking his family to Disneyland instead?  This brain of mine never stops spinning and some days I really, really need it to stop. I know this has nothing to do with anyone else.  This is for me and Nate to worry about.  And worrying I do.  He about walked out the door the other day when I asked him where I would put the ironing board.  If he's still by my side after this whole process then the rest of our marriage should be smooth sailing.

Anyway, our house is officially for sale and I have never been so stressed about something in my life. Okay, yes I have but this is on the list of top 5. Top 10 for sure.  
Don't get me wrong here, I am super excited to open a new chapter and build a new home.  It's just a scary change for me.  More of a house payment, meaning I will have to go back to work sooner than anticipated.  More house to clean.  More room for my children to destroy things, or each other. I make it sound like we are building a castle which we are definitely not.  Just something a little bigger with a garage.  Oh how Nate has needed a garage for so many years now.  Too many times he's had to work on vehicles in the heat or cold.  He says it's an investment.  I say it still sucks being an adult and I need someone else to make hard decisions for me. 
So if you know anyone looking to buy a house you should send them our way!

1 comment:

  1. ha! awesome.

    seriously, we are SO excited for you! if it's meant to work (which i'm SURE it is) it will work out. heaven knows what we're doing is insane, but once we jumped it's lined up. most days i'm sure i'm drowning then i hear a voice say, "yo, dummy put your feet down, you can touch the bottom right there." you guys are awesome. and smart. and it's going to be a success i just know it! and disneyland will come, too.... i have faith it will.... :)

    ReplyDelete